The Power Of Youth Voice & Choice
World of Change strives to be a leader in fostering youth empowerment through philanthropy. We use shared, participatory, playful, sensory-stimulating experiences to inspire a culture of learning and action. We teach kids the power of small, and provide perspective that leads to an attitude of gratitude. We get to witness youth enthusiasm for doing good everywhere we engage kids in our program. We know from these experiences that our work makes sense. But don’t just take our word for it. These scholarly articles provide ample evidence in favor of the democratization of philanthropy, making it accessible to all, giving youth choices and making them part of community improvement efforts.
· Youth Philanthropy, Trust Building, and Sharing Power: http://www.exponentphilanthropy.org/blog/youth-philanthropy-trust-building-and-sharing-power/
· From Beneficiary to Active Agent: http://sillermancenter.brandeis.edu/pdfs/SillermanSocJustFundOppBriefNo.2v2%202.pdf
· Talking to children about charitable giving has a greater impact on children’s giving than role-modeling alone: http://archive.news.iupui.edu/releases/2013/09/children-charitable-study.shtml
· Wanna Give? This Is Your Brain on a ‘Helper’s High’ – Health Essentials from Cleveland Clinic: https://health.clevelandclinic.org/why-giving-is-good-for-your-health/
· Learning Through Play. Characteristics of playful learning experiences - Joyful, Meaningful, Actively Engaging, Iterative, and Socially interactive: https://www.legofoundation.com/media/1063/learning-through-play_web.pdf
· Gratitude Study. Scientists Show How Gratitude Literally Alters The Human Heart & Molecular Structure Of The Brain: https://www.collective-evolution.com/2019/02/14/scientists-show-how-gratitude-literally-alters-the-human-heart-molecular-structure-of-the-brain/?fbclid=IwAR0dbXF4T00D42m3-XDG-9ijY7w3igrefNH-LE-AyXzZd3-nQ5GHxZTi3Mw